1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all contracts with Lake House Plön, the temporary provision of accommodation facilities and all services provided in these connection.
II. conclusion of the contract; limitation
1. The contract is made by a request from the guest and subsequently accepted by Lake House Plön. Lake House Plön is free to confirm the room booking in writing.
2. The guest is obliged to inform Lake House Plön at the latest upon conclusion of the contract if the use of the accommodation service endangers the smooth operation, safety or reputation of Lake House Plön in the public.
3. All claims against Lake House Plön shall in principle be time-barred after one year from the start of the statutory limitation period. This does not apply to damages and other claims, if the latter are based on a deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty by Lake House Plön.
III. Services, payment, netting
1. The guest is obliged to pay the prices of Lake House Plön, which are generally applicable to the rental and the other services he/she uses, or which have been specifically agreed with. This also applies to services provided to a guest by a third party and provided by Lake House Plön.
2. In principle, the guest must pay the Lake House Plön a reminder of 5,- Euro for each delay. The guest is free to prove that the Lake House Plön has not been paid or has been paid much less.
3. The agreed prices shall include the applicable taxes at the time of conclusion of the contract. If the statutory value added tax or the new introduction, modification or abolition of local taxes on the subject of the service after the conclusion of the contract, the prices shall be adjusted accordingly.
4. The Lake House Plön may make its consent to a subsequent reduction of the contractual contents of the guest agreed upon at the time of conclusion subject to the reasonable increase in the price for the rental and/or other services.
5. Payment of the total amount shall be made in cash on the spot, by EC cash or credit card. If payment on invoice is agreed upon in case of acceptance of costs, the payment target specified on the invoice shall apply
IV. Room provision and return
1. In principle, the guest does not acquire any right to the provision of a particular room.
2. The booked room is available to the guest from 3 p.m. on the agreed date of arrival. There shall be no right to earlier provision. Unless a later time of arrival has been expressly agreed or the room in question has been pre-paid, Lake House Plön has the right to assign booked rooms after 20.00, without the guest being entitled to claim the Lake House Plön. There is no obligation to re-award.
3. On the agreed date of departure, the rooms must be vacated by 11.00 at the latest. After that, Lake House Plön may charge 50% of the full price of the accommodation for the non-contractual use until 2 p.m. and 80% of the full price from 2 p.m. onwards. Contractual claims of the guest will not be justified. He is free to prove that Lake House Plön has no or a much lower right to a fee for use.
4. In duly justified cases, such as the assessment of the condition or maintenance and maintenance measures, Lake House Plön and its agents shall be free to check rooms at reasonable times of the day, even without prior notice; at any time in the case of urgent danger or urgent repairs.
V. Withdrawal by the guest/non-use of benefits
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the guest can withdraw from the contract free of charge up to 11:30 p.m. two days before arrival.
2. If a date has been agreed for the free exercise of the right of withdrawal, the guest may withdraw from the contract until then without generating any payment or compensation claims by Lake House Plön. The guest’s right of withdrawal shall expire if he does not assert it in text form before the agreed date vis-à-vis Lake House Plön.
3. If a right of withdrawal has already expired and Lake House Plön does not agree to cancelation of the contract, it shall retain the right to the agreed remuneration despite the non-utilization of the service. Revenue from other renting of the rooms and saved expenses shall be taken into account. If the rooms are not rented otherwise, Lake House Plön may charge a flat-rate deduction for savings. In this case, the guest is obliged to pay at least 90% of the contractually agreed price for accommodation, booked breakfast and package tours with third party services. He shall be free to prove that the above claim has not been incurred or has been substantially reduced.
VI. Resignation by Lake House Plön
1. If it has been agreed by contract that the guest may withdraw from the contract free of charge until a certain date, Lake House Plön shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract in whole or in part until that date if requests for the rooms reserved by other guests are received and the guest does not waive his right to withdraw from the contract upon request of Lake House Plön with a reasonable time. This is also the case when an option is granted if other requests are received and the guest is not prepared to make a fixed reservation upon request from the Lake House Plön.
2. Furthermore, Lake House Plön is entitled to withdraw from the contract exceptionally for justified reasons, in particular where:
3. In the event that the Lake House Plön has a claim for damages against the guest in accordance with No. 2 above, Lake House Plön shall be entitled to lump sum compensation. Clause V(3) and Clause VII(1) shall apply mutatis mutandis.
VII. Unauthorized use/other restrictions
1. The sub- or re-letting of the premises and open spaces of Lake House Plön, as well as their non-commercial use for any purpose other than accommodation, requires the prior express consent and may be subject to payment of an additional fee. § 540 clause 1 sentence 2 of the German Civil Code does not apply if the guest is not a consumer.
2. Unauthorized re-letting, interviews, sales and similar events may prevent or cancel Lake House Plön.
3. The justified revocation of Lake House Plön or the cessation of an unauthorized event pursuant to No. 2 above shall not give rise to any claim for damages.
4. non-smoking regulation
Lake House Plön is a non-smoking hotel. Therefore smoking is prohibited in the rooms and public areas throughout the building.
In the event of an infringement, the hotel shall be entitled to charge the costs incurred on departure.
These include the cleaning costs of the room, the costs of re-letting and additional costs in obtaining alternative solutions for connecting guests.
The cleaning costs are currently flat € 150,00 incl. VAT, subject to change. The amount is due immediately upon departure of the guest.
5. Any damage to the property of Lake House Plön shall be reported immediately to the latter. This also applies to those caused by force majeure, technical defects or by third parties.
VIII. Liability of Lake House Plön
1. Lake House Plön is liable for damages caused by injury to life, body or health. Furthermore, Lake House Plön is liable for other damages arising from a deliberate or grossly negligent breach of duty and a deliberate or grossly negligent breach of contract-typical obligations. The contract-typical obligations are those which enable the proper performance of the contract only and which the guest can rely on. A breach of duty by Lake House Plön amounts to a legal representative or a vicarious agent. Further claims for damages are excluded, unless otherwise provided in this clause VIII.
2. Should any disturbance or defect in the services of Lake House Plön occur, it will be at the knowledge or upon immediate notice of the guest to take care of the matter. The guest is obliged to contribute the reasonable to remedy the disturbance and to minimize possible damage. Furthermore, the guest is obliged to inform Lake House Plön in good time of the possibility of an exceptionally high level of damage.
3. The guest’s belongings will only be sent on request, at risk and at the expense of the guest. Lake House Plön keeps the belongings for three months; after that, if there is a recognizable value, they will be handed over to the local found office. If the found office is not ready to take over, the items will be either recovered or destroyed.
X. final provisions
1. Amendments or additions to the contract or these General Terms and Conditions shall be made in text form. Unilateral changes or additions by the guest are ineffective.
2. German law applies. The application of the UN Sales Law and the conflict of laws are excluded.
3. Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become invalid or void, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The statutory provisions shall also apply.